1. In this Document, unless inconsistent with the context or otherwise stipulated, the following
words shall bear the meanings described to them hereunder;
a. “the Contract” means the Fully Paid Course & Upskilling Programme Contract including
terms and conditions listed as well as any addendums;
b. “Conditions” means the Conditions of the Contract;
c. “Competent Court” means the jurisdiction of the Magistrate’s Court in respect of any
action, which may follow from the Contract. The parties will be entitled to institute
action in any High Court, which may have jurisdiction;
d. “Course” shall mean the combining of education, skills and work experience into one
programme which the student will be required to complete in the 12 (twelve) month
e. “Course Term” means the 12 months that the Student is enrolled to study at iCOLLEGE;
g. “Employer Agreement” means the Employment Agreement between the Student and
f. “Employer” shall mean the employer of the Student;
the Company for the duration of the Term;
h. “iCOLLEGE” shall mean iCOLLEGE (Pty) Ltd, a COMPANY incorporated according to
the Laws of South Africa with registration number 1997/020830/07 and trading at
Silver Lakes Office Park 1, Block 3, 1 Von Backstrom Blvd, Silver Lakes, Pretoria, 0081.
i. “the Student” means the person that has applied, and once approved, will be enrolled
to study at iCOLLEGE;
j. “the Parties” means iCOLLEGE and the Student as described above;
2. The Student shall apply for the Course by completing all relevant documentation required.
3. This Contract will come into force and effect upon acceptance by iCOLLEGE.
4. The Student’s right to enroll at iCOLLEGE and to receive assignments are subject to the
terms and conditions set out below. The Student shall:
4.1 Familiarise him/herself, on enrolment, with the rules and regulations of
iCOLLEGE (Pty) Ltd and comply with it. The Student acknowledges that should he/
she act in breach of the rules and/or interfere with other students or the operations of
iCOLLEGE, be it in the possession of or the use of alcohol or drugs at iCOLLEGE or
be it under the influence of alcohol or drugs whilst present at iCOLLEGE or engage in
cheating of any nature including plagiarism, the Student will be exposed to disciplinary
action by it’s EMPLOYER which may result in expulsion from iCOLLEGE;
4.2 Notify iCOLLEGE immediately in writing should any change of address or Personal
4.3 Familiarise him/herself with the rules and general regulations relating to the Course,
for which he/she has applied and to subject him/herself to such regulations;
4.4 Accept full responsibility for participating in events at iCOLLEGE;
4.5 Submit assignments on due dates as specified by iCOLLEGE.
5. Study material will be provided to the Student. Stationery is for the Student’s own cost.
6. The Student acknowledges that his/her right to receive assignments, write exams and
assessments, and to receive study materials is based upon the Student’s continued
compliance with this agreement and the Rules and Regulations of iCOLLEGE
as communicated from time to time and that these rights may, at the sole discretion of
iCOLLEGE, be withdrawn.
7. The Student hereby absolves iCOLLEGE from any possible action and indemnifies
iCOLLEGE with regards to any claims which may arise from any negligence or other
act by iCOLLEGE, its employees or agents or any other student and which gives rise to:
7.1 any loss or damage to property;
7.2 any injuries, illness or death;
7.3 any event, incident or accident;
7.4 any legal costs or expenses legally incurred with regard to claims or court cases
arising from the aforementioned events, where such loss, damage, injury, death,
event or accident arises from the Student’s presence, for purposes of study or
otherwise, at iCOLLEGE.
8. The Student shall attend classes, submit final assessments and write exams as
communicated by iCOLLEGE.
9. A Certificate of Completion will be issued by iCOLLEGE after successful completion of the
10. SETA certification is not in iCOLLEGE’s control and may take time as SETA’s only issue
a Statement of Results after successful verification.
11. The Student shall at all times remain a student at iCOLLEGE for the course duration and
will not seek alternative employment during the course.
12. Should the Student breach this Contract of Enrolment and/or abscond from studies and/
or fail to fulfill his/her obligations to iCOLLEGE and/or the Employer, the Course may be
terminated after compliance with paragraph 22 below.
13. The Student acknowledges that the Course is not redeemable for cash in any instance
and that he/she will have no claim whatsoever against the Employer and/or iCOLLEGE in
the event of termination of the Course for any reason whatsoever.
14. External exam fees (if applicable to the course) shall be for the cost of the Student and
shall not be regarded as paid on behalf of or in respect of the Student until received by
15. The Student agrees that any concerns relating to this contract or his/her studies or any
other matter relating thereto, will be taken up with iCOLLEGE management at his/her
campus and that he/she shall refrain from making any negative comments or statements
to the press or on any social media platform. The Student further acknowledges that
should he/she bring iCOLLEGE’s name into disrepute, iCOLLEGE may institute legal
action and claim damages as such.
16. No variation, cancellation, or amendment hereto shall be valid unless recorded in writing
and signed by the parties.
17. Any relaxation or indulgence which may be shown to the Student by iCOLLEGE shall not
in any way prejudice or be deemed to be a waiver of its rights by iCOLLEGE and shall not
preclude or stop iCOLLEGE from exercising its rights hereunder
18. iCOLLEGE shall be entitled to cede all or a portion off its rights hereunder to any other
party hereunder. The Student shall not be entitled to cede their rights and/or obligations
hereunder without the prior consent of iCOLLEGE.
19. The Student chooses as his/her domicilium citandi et executandi for purpose of serving all
notices and documents relating hereto, his/her physical address or Email address as
supplied and agreed by him/her and recorded in the Application.
20. The Student agrees that this Contract is drawn up in a language that he/she understands
and that he/she is fully aware of the meaning thereof.
21. It will be considered a material breach of this contact if the Student provides false
22. Should the Student at any point in time commit any material breach of the terms and
conditions of this Contract and fail to remedy such breach within 14 (fourteen) days
of receipt of a written notice from iCOLLEGE to remedy such breach, iCOLLEGE shall be
entitled, but not required to, cancel this Agreement with immediate effect.
23. The Parties hereby agree that each clause of this Contract is separable, the one from
the other, and if any clause is found to be defective or unenforceable for any reason by
any Competent Court, then the remaining clause/s shall be and continue to be in full force
24. The Student warrants that he/she has read the conditions of this Contract and
understands the contents hereof.
25. The Student acknowledges that all of the above clauses apply to him/her and that he/she
is bound to the terms of this Contract.
RIGHTS OF iCOLLEGE
26. iCOLLEGE may, after a period of 2 weeks’ notice to any Student, amend or alter the time period for presentation of courses, subject to meeting the academic and practical training requirements attendant upon the qualification. Revised timetables will be issued to the Student who undertakes to comply therewith in terms of the Student’s obligations asset out above.
27. iCOLLEGE reserves the right to accept or reject any Student’s Application.
28. The Student by his/her signature on the iCOLLEGE Course & Upskilling
Programme Contract hereby undertakes and accepts liability for the fulfilment thereof.